Heating Oil Delivery
We bring you full service—including automatic deliveries
When you trust Needham Oil—Complete Heating and Cooling to be your full-service fuel provider, you get much more than a steady supply of oil for your tank. You can also count on receiving many conveniences and protections—including automatic deliveries, service and repair, a monthly payment plan, automatic payments and heating and cooling equipment installations.
We have great employees who will make sure you stay warm, even in extreme weather, and we never cut corners on safety. We give you full service when it really counts!
Most of our customers are on an automatic home heating oil delivery schedule. Our automatic delivery service uses a computerized system to calculate degree days and past household consumption patterns to schedule a refill before lack of fuel becomes an emergency.
We will deliver your fuel to you automatically, usually when your tank gets to be one-quarter full. The result: no more tank watching and no more run-outs or calling for a delivery. Automatic delivery service will not cost you a penny extra!
Over the years, we’ve learned that some people have misconceptions about this service. Here’s what you should know:
- Automatic deliveries will not make you burn through more fuel
- We don’t schedule deliveries for days or times when prices are highest
- This is simply a FREE service to make life easier for our customers
Calling for your fuel
While most of our customers prefer the convenience of our automatic delivery service, some people like to have complete control over when they decide to fill up their tank.
That’s fine, but if you go this route, please keep in mind that there is an interval between the time you place your order and the time we can actually deliver it—don’t forget that when you call us to request a delivery, we have to fit your request into our carefully scheduled routes.
Not being part of our automatic delivery program also means that you have to take full responsibility for monitoring your tank level at regular intervals. You are also at greater risk for a run-out. Just make sure that, when you see your oil tank level reaching the one-quarter mark, you call for more fuel.
Tips for winter
Please try to remember to do these three things during the winter:
1. If it snows, try to keep a path to your fill pipe clear—a minimum of 12 inches wide—so that our drivers can access it quickly and safely.
2. One of our biggest obstacles to getting to customers’ fill pipes is maneuvering our fuel trucks up and down steep driveways. Safety codes prevent us from parking a fuel truck on an incline unless it is free of snow and ice and unless wheel chocks (the wedges we put under the tires so that the truck doesn’t roll back) can be applied safely. If your driveway isn’t clear, we won’t be able to deliver your heating oil—even if you really need it.
3. When fuel is in high demand—during a long cold wave, for instance—it’s harder for us to accommodate urgent delivery requests. Please call when your tank is no less than a quarter full, or avoid the hassle of calling altogether by signing up for our FREE automatic delivery service.