Needham Oil & Air – History
Needham Oil & Air began in 1872 as a small wood and coal company called Willett & Chadwick. You can still see our sign in the center of Needham today.
In 1941, Willett & Chadwick was bought by Ralph Woodcock and became Needham Oil Company. He moved the company to Highland Avenue and started selling coal, ice and fuel oil to the greater Needham area.
In 1961, William Woodcock, who had been delivering coal and oil burner repair and services for his father for more than 10 years, came into the office to run the business. Bill took Needham Oil to 355 Chestnut Street and started to expand operations into nearby towns. Now Needham Oil was serving the heating needs of most of the Metrowest area.
In 1975, Needham Oil made a small move to 355R Chestnut Street and remains there today. In the mid-1980s Bill saw the need to expand operations into a new field of expertise. Needham Oil started to offer central air conditioning installations and service. This new division has been growing ever since.
Needham Oil continues to change today. In 2006, Erinn Woodcock, who has been a part of the Needham Oil team since 1995, took the reigns as owner of Needham Oil & Air. She intends to carry out the long family tradition of service excellence to the families of Needham and surrounding towns.