New Year’s Resolutions for Your COMPLETE Home Comfort
With a New Year (actually a new decade!) underway here in Massachusetts, it’s time once again to make our resolutions. Why not make some that will make you more comfortable, save you some money, and make life easier in your Middlesex or Norfolk County home?
6 Home Comfort New Year’s Resolutions
Here are six home comfort promises to make yourself in 2020:
- Remember your air filters – One of the best ways to keep your forced air heating and cooling systems running efficiently and reliably is to check their air filters regularly (at least once a month during peak cooling and heating seasons). A clogged filter will raise your energy bills and cause unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Program your thermostat – Lower the temperature by seven to ten degrees when you’re asleep or out of the house and you could cut your bills by 10 percent or more, says the U.S. Department of Energy. The easiest way to do that? Get a smart thermostat – you can control it from your cellphone, and it will pay for itself in the first year you own it.
- Get Smart-er – Stressed by your rollercoaster ride of winter heating bills? Sign up for our SmartPay Plan and stretch those payments out over the course of a year. You will get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil you use.
- Up the efficiency ante – Want to drop your energy bills and shrink your carbon footprint? Commit to making your home more energy-efficient. Some small and simple steps include:
- Replacing your aerators and showerheads with low-flow versions to cut down your hot water use.
- Replacing incandescent and fluorescent bulbs with LEDs
- Re-caulking and weather stripping windows to reduce drafts
- Lower your water heater thermostat temperature to 120°
- Get some TLC for your HVAC – Want your home heating and cooling equipment to run better for longer? Get a professional tune-up every year. Preventive maintenance pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Needham Complete Service Plan.
- Out with the old – There will come a time when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate to upgrade – the move will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way.
Start 2020 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Needham Oil Complete Heating & Cooling! Contact us today to learn more!