End of Summer A/C Tips
Most people Massachusetts take care of their routine air conditioning maintenance sometime in the spring or early summer. But sometimes life gets in the way, and before you know it you’ve gone through most of the cooling season without a visit from an A/C professional.
The good news is that late summer and early fall are also good times to conduct maintenance on your central air conditioning system – especially if warm days are likely to linger a bit deeper into the year (considering the heat records we seem to be breaking every day, it’s a pretty good bet that’s going to happen in 2019).
In fact, there are actually some big advantages to taking care of your cooling maintenance in the late summer or early fall: for one thing, if you discover the need for a significant A/C repair, there’s plenty of time to order replacement parts – or to make a decision on a cooling system replacement. For another, you can pair up cooling and heating system maintenance into a single service visit so you only have to be around once for a house call.
Late summer A/C checklist
So what are some of the air conditioning maintenance tasks you should consider tackling in the coming weeks? Here are five suggestions:
- Replace the air filter – Hopefully you have been changing air filters throughout the season; if you haven’t, there’s no better time than the present. Changing air filters frequently is an easy and cost-effective way to help the performance of your air conditioner.
- Clear space around your A/C unit – Clear any airflow-blocking brush, grass, and leaves from the around the area of your outdoor A/C unit before the cold weather arrives.
- Clean the coils and condensate line – End-of-summer maintenance should include a thorough A/C coil cleaning – a job best done by a professional.
- Watch and listen to your A/C – Look for any obvious frayed wires or rust, and listen for any unusual sounds, such as rattling.
- Tune-up your A/C and heating system – Preventative maintenance from a licensed, bonded, and experienced HVAC professional can give you peace of mind that will carry through the whole year.
Labor Day is less than a month away – be ready for your end-of-summer shutdown with a service visit from the air conditioning experts at Needham Oil Complete Heating & Cooling. Contact us today to learn more!