Go Winter-Green: Five Facts about Bioheat
Want a great way to shrink your home’s carbon footprint without converting your oil-fired home heating system?
Switch to Bioheat® fuel.
Bioheat is a cleaner, greener alternative to traditional home heating oil – and Needham’s plenty of it on hand to keep you warm this fall and winter.
Don’t know much about Bioheat? Here are five key facts:
- You don’t need to make any changes to your furnace, boiler or storage tank to use it. In fact, your equipment will be glad you made the switch (see fact #4 below).
- Bioheat is a blend of ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) and Biodiesel – a renewable energy resource made in America from a combination of natural organic oils. A Bioheat blend is named by the percentage of biodiesel it contains – for example, B5 is five percent Biodiesel.
- Fuel-grade Bioheat is the only alternative fuel to have fully completed the health effects testing requirements of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments.
- Since Bioheat burns cleaner than regular heating oil, it causes less wear and tear on your equipment. That means a longer lifespan for your heating system, fewer furnaces and boilers in the landfill, and fewer emissions released into the atmosphere (Bioheat produces less nitrogen oxide, which causes smog, when it’s burned).
- Because Biofuel is produced domestically, you’ll reduce demand for foreign oil every time you fill your tank.
Needham Oil offers Biofuel delivery to our Massachusetts customers anywhere in our service area.