Tips for Maintaining Your Ductless AC System
Ductless air conditioners (or mini-split systems) are a wonderfully efficient way to cool your home – if you maintain them properly. Here are a few things you can do to keep your ductless system delivering cool air for less cash.
- Focus on filters – Clogged filters can add 20 percent to your monthly bill! Follow manufacturer’s instructions to maintain your filters, especially during the cooling season.
- Give it space – Ductless air conditioners work best if you keep them away from dust-gathering furniture and wall art. Aim for four feet of clear space in every direction.
- Clean the face and vents of your indoor units – Wipe down your A/C each week with a damp cloth to remove efficiency-robbing dust and dirt.
- Clean the coil and condenser – The outside portion of your mini-split system needs to be free of dust and dirt, too. Use garden hose to spray the unit and remove any remaining debris by hand – just be sure to power down before you start your cleanup!
- Watch your pipes – In a ductless system, narrow pipes carry cool or warm air from the outdoor to the indoor unit. Keep them dirt- and dust-free, and watch out for leaks!
- Never skip routine maintenance! – Annual tune-ups (included in our Needham Oil & Air Service Plan) can help you spot minor issues before they become big problems.
Sign up today for a Needham Oil & Air Service Plan and keep your Ductless AC running at its best! If you don’t have a ductless system, contact us to see if one could be right for you!